In case you are scrambling for a last minute Thanksgiving recipe, here is my absolutely favorite, go to recipe: Pumpkin Cheesecake. It is based on a recipe from a five star restaurant and is scrumdillyumptious. Everyone is always super impressed because there is a layer of regular cheesecake and a layer of pumpkin. I love it because it is fast and easy! You can throw it together with just a few ingredients, most of which you probably have around the house.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 1/2 cups of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- For whipped cream topping, whip all ingredients together until the cream forms peaks. Make this the day of.