- Buy a house! We finally found our dream house and our offer was accepted, but we still have to pass an inspection and make sure the bank agrees with the appraisal. AHH!
- Order a bunch of cute things from Vista Print. I have ordered things from them in the past, and totally need to stock up. I am definitely going to grab a bunch of these address labels. They will look adorable on the welcome letter I send home every August. I am also going to grab some matching sticky notes, a stamp to mark all of my books with my name and a few notepads. I LOVE the notepads because you can choose a design and personalize it with your phone number and email. That way when you write a note home, parents have all of your info on hand (literally).
- Organize my lessons and printables in a binder so that they are easy to grab and replicate.
- Re-do my homework packets for the first three months of school (at least).
- Make a comprehensive list of additional materials to use with each unit of the OWL curriculum. For example: books, songs, ideas for centers, field trips, websites, videos, etc.
- Read, read, read! I always have a bunch of books on my "to read" list and never any time to read. Here are a few teacher books I just ordered from Amazon. I can't wait!
All of this is in addition to teaching summer school and going on a vacation or two, but I really hope to conquer this list (keep your fingers crossed!).